Fantasy football owners and Packer fans had little hope that Aaron Rodgers would return in the 2013 season, but word that Rodgers has been cleared to play made him a trending topic on twitter almost instantaneously. With the excitement of Peyton Manning’s season, many people may not remember what Mr. Discount Double Check was doing before he was injured. Here are some quick facts for your viewing pleasure.
– Through Weeks 1-7, Rodgers almost averaged 2 touchdowns a game
– 3 games of 300 or more passing yards
– Averaged 14.4 rushing yards a game(sure, he isn’t Cam Newton or Russell Wilson, but 14.4 rushing yards is an extra point each week!)
– Averaged 273. 87 passing yards per game in 8 games
– Through his average weekly touchdown production alone, Rodgers was on pace to throw for a total of 35 touchdowns, which is 140 fantasy points in standard scoring leagues
Not too shabby eh? While your grandmother could probably run against the Bears defense for at least 60 yards, they do have a tougher passing defense then most people give them credit for(currently ranked 14th against the pass). It will be interesting to see how Rodgers performs against the same team that took most of his season from him, but if you Rodgers is playing, it will be difficult not to start him.
- Aaron Rodgers to start for the Packers on Sunday (nfl.si.com)
- Aaron Rodgers cleared to play vs. Bears Sunday (jsonline.com)
Categories: Fantasy Football